- Flea size: Less than 1/4 inch
- Flea color: Dark brown
- Other distinct features: Narrow, several spines across body including near the head, several hairs across body, wingless
FLEA LIFE CYCLE
- Females lay 400-800 eggs over course of life
- Flea larvae feed on dried blood, adult flea excrement
- Mature larvae cocoon and pupate
- Development from egg to adult can range from 16 days to a year
- Feeds on blood of host (cats, dogs, humans and other animals) for reproduction
- Remains embedded with host until death or scratched off
- Deposits eggs on host that may fall off and infest environment
- Spread by contact with infested environment or other animals
FLEA TREATMENT AREAS AND ACTIONS
- Pet bedding
- Cracks/crevices of floor
- Deep in carpet
- Vacuum all rugs, carpets, and furniture before treatment
- After treatment, vacuum every day for one week or every two days for two weeks
SIGNS OF FLEA INFESTATION
- Fleas present, but severity unknown
- Pets excessively scratching
- Pets have reddened/irritated skin
- Small, black excrement present in pet’s fur
- Flea bites on humans usually occur around ankles and lower legs
FLEA DANGERS AND HEALTH RISKS
- Annoyance to pets
- Hair loss in pets
- Skin damage to pets
- Can transmit murine typhus to humans
How (S)-methoprene Controls Fleas
Precor® products are formulated with the core active ingredient, (S)-methoprene. This IGR, developed by experts at Zoecon, has been used for more than 45 years by pest control and public health professionals to prevent fleas from developing into breeding, biting adult insects. The IGR penetrates and migrates deep into places like the base of carpet fibers and between furniture cushions to prevent the pre-adult flea you don’t see. (S)-Methoprene stops the development of immature fleas into adults, thus breaking the flea life cycle.
FLEA CONTROL PRODUCTS
To accommodate an array of application sites, Zoëcon has developed several unique formulations of Precor® products that prevent pre-adult flea emergence as well as kill adults.
Featuring (S)-methoprene and etofenprox, Precor® 2625 Premise Spray is an ideal solution for residual flea control.
Precor® 2000 Plus Premise Spray
This proven flea IGR provides pest management professionals with a solution they can count on, for up to seven months of flea control.
This formulation prevents flea infestations while providing residual flea control on both adult and pre-adult fleas (95% of flea populations).
Designed for indoor use, Precor® Plus Fogger treats large spaces and is well-suited for professional flea control in hard-to-treat areas.
Petcor® Flea Spray For Dogs, Puppies, Cats & Kittens
Used for on-animal flea control, Petcor® Flea Spray can be used as a dog and cat flea spray to stop flea eggs from hatching for up to 63 days while killing adult fleas for up to 7 days.
CONTROL WITH CONFIDENCE
We’ve made all of this information easier to print and share with our Flea Poster, Precor® Family Brochure, and Flea Home Treatment Brochure. Simply download and print out to provide your team with the information needed to offer sound advice and treatment recommendations for your customers.